Monday 31 October 2016

Thinking of you card

Hi!

So today in the wee hours of the morning inspiration struck me and I felt like trying my hands at the shabby chic style of card making. I decided to make a thinking of you card for my niece who turned 13 this June and is becoming a young lady. She will always be our lil munchkin but as she is growing up, we can see all those teenage habits of dressing up, wanting to look good, essentially adolescent vanity :) I guess we have all been there and done that!! (lol) so this is my card dedicated to my niece because we all think of her as a baby but she is turning into a young girl, so I tried to incorporate the things that I know she likes. The rose is a perfect background for this card because symbolically thats our lil girl :) I took 2 of her childhood pictures for this card (didn't have any others, these were the ones I carry in my purse).  The color scheme is hues of pink because that's her favorite color.

Here are a few pictures of the card:









Pictures of some of the Supplies Used:



Applying white gesso on the Blue Fern Studios Chipboard- Rose Wreath


List of Supplies used:

1. Rose Wreath Chipboard- Blue Fern Studios 
2. Wedding Collection Paper Pack and Pattern Paper Pack (vol 2) by Papericious
3. Laces and Net fabric
4. White Gesso by Camlin
5. Ranger's Distress Ink- victorian velvet
6. Tim holtz paper distressor
7. Ranger's Round Ink blending tool and foam
8. Texture Paste by Mont Marte
9. Stencil 
10. Spatula
11. Mulberry Flowers
12. Cameo of a lady
13. Metal Charms - Looking Glass, Comb and white metal brad
14. Wink of Stella - Clear
15. Ranger Heat Tool
16. Zing White Embossing Powder
17. Ranger Embossing Pen- Clear
18. White Half Pearls 
19. Silicone Glue and Fevicol 
20. Artzone pearlized metallic paint- blush 

Summary of Procedure:

The sentiment is handwritten and heat embossed. 
The panel and mats are distressed and to create texture, texture paste was applied through a stencil. 
A multi-layered look was what I was going for and a couple of scraps from the papericious collection were used for one of the mats and also for the sentiment. 
A piece of the rose wreath chipboard was cut up and I applied gesso on it and then blush metallic paint.
The card base is baby pink colored 250 gsm cardstock, 6 by 6 size. 

Thanks for your time! Please do leave a comment, reading them makes my day :)

I am playing along with the following challenges:

1. Blue Fern Studios October Challenge  - I have interpreted the sketch in my own way and added BFS rose wreath chipboard to the card.


2. Papericious October Challenge- Add some fabric- I have added lace and net fabric and used the wedding paper pack and the pattern collection vol. 2 for this card


3. Paru's Card Making Challenges- November - This is a card made for my niece who is an adolescent and I suppose all young girls in their teens (children but also kind of learning to be grown ups) 




14 comments:

  1. What a lovely layout! I love the fact that you incorporated your Niece's favorite things into it and that is what makes it special! Thank you for playing along the Papericious Challenge! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! So very sentimental! You are very thoughtful <3 beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card, perfect for your niece's birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your niece will absolutely love this shabby chic creation (but probably will cringe at the old photos) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty gift for your niece with her old memories! She definitely will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Card
    your niece will definitely love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Preety! Your niece is going to be delighted 😊👍🏻!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful! Your niece will love it! I like how you incorporated the photographs as it creates a personal touch. They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. Thank you Playing at Papericious Challenge. All The Best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card :) Thank you so much for joining us at Papericious :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card for teenager!!
    Thanks again for joining us at Papericious challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely and sentimental card!!
    Thanks for playing Paru’s Card Making Challenges

    ReplyDelete